Sunday, May 15, 2011

Peaches

 

A friend gave us a bushel of peaches from their tree, we ate our fill of fresh peaches but since they were getting very ripe we needed to do more- so I made a batch of peach jam which has turned out beautifully. We still had loads of peaches and no more pectin so after a web search I decided to do peach butter in my crock pot, that one I am not so sure about... never having had fruit butter I am not sure of the value vs. jam. Things were going smoothly until I put a TABLESPOON of Cayenne pepper into the pot by mistake instead of cinnamon. Luckily I caught before I stirred it in so it sat on top of the peaches. I managed to skim most of it out and the rest I stirred in. Brad was helping me peel the millions of peaches and asked me why I gasped. I told him "no reason" and added the cinnamon, 1/2 the cloves and allspice- stirred well. Preliminary tastes give a slight bite but I think I can pass it off on the cloves!  I am not fessing up- ROFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment